So...remember my recent post on the perfect Queenslander? Well I have a little update I think you might like.

Last year, I was enjoying my usual weekend real estate stalking browsing, when I came across this cottage. As soon as I saw the interior shots, I thought it looked familiar, and sure enough, the same owners had worked their makeover magic on another gem in just the next suburb:

this was an original workers' cottage with a new extension added to the rear 

the new side entrance, linking the original cottage and the new addition

if you look closely you can see some of the owners' amazing art collection

love the dark floorboards and the glass louvre splashback  - what a great idea!




love this!

the outdoor area was one of the home's best features

as soon as I saw this pic, I recognised the bedhead and lampshades straight away - remember this from my previous post?

all images from here

So, now the big question - which do like the best? The original homes are quite different, but the common theme with both renovations is the addition of large modern extension to what was originally a small Queensland colonial. Do you like the idea of combining old and new, with the extension visible from the street? Or would you rather a more subtle approach, with no clue to what's in store? I'd love to hear what you think so leave a comment and we can debate the pros and cons!

Have a great day everyone, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top