I must apologize for my absence over the past week or so. Personally, I've found it really hard to post about pretty houses when so many Queenslanders have tragically lost theirs. My heart just hasn't been in it, so instead I've tried to focus on ways to help. Last weekend, my sister, daughter and I spent some time out at Old Dog Farm, an animal refuge that specializes in re-homing dogs, particularly those in their twilight years. The farm is on the northern outskirts of Brisbane, and to see the devastation was truly heartbreaking. Fortunately, most of the dogs were still safely in foster care over the Christmas break, but the rebuilding process will take some time, and quite a bit of money. Best Friends Animal Rescue do an amazing job helping animals in need, so if you'd like to learn more about the fantastic work they do, head on over here.

As I mentioned in my last post, the profits from my Etsy shop for the remainder of January will be donated to charity. So many people will be needing help in the coming months, but my aim is to also help the animals who have suffered so terribly. So, here's my latest painting, which will has just been added to my shop:



Sea Coral III in Denim

Oh, and some very exciting news - my fabulous new printer arrived yesterday! I'll now be able to produce my fine art, archival-quality prints in-house, which makes life much easier. New works will be added to my Etsy shop over the next week, so please check it out - it's for a very good cause. And for those of you who have already purchased artwork - thank you so much. Your generosity will make the world of difference.

Ok, that's it from me today. Thanks for bearing with me over the past couple of weeks, and for your wonderful emails and words of support. I know I've said it before, but this community we have here is truly special. Before I go, I can't help but mention some really exciting things that I'll be sharing with you very soon. You know how it is - I just can't resist a good teaser!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top