Sometimes, inspiration can be hard to come by. I've had times in the past when painting has been a torturous process, and I've come to learn that often, it's other stuff going on in our lives that blocks creativity. Stress, upheaval...you name it, it can wreak havoc. Of course, these things can act as a catalyst for some artists, but for me, it's rarely the case. Lately, it's been the opposite - I have so many ideas, there's just not enough time to paint everything I'd like to. But that's quite a nice problem to have, so I'm not complaining. Here's an abstract I've just finished...a little departure from the detailed watercolour pieces.

'In Motion'
mixed media on canvas
500mm x 400mm (20" x 16")
(this will be listed on Etsy as soon as I sort out shipping costs - in the meantime, if you're interested please drop me a line and I'll give you a quote)

Not sure how well you can see the detail in this pic, but the circular patterning is in metallic gold. This is a smaller piece, and the first in a new series. In an upcoming post, I'll show you how to combine different works - abstracts on canvas, framed prints, watercolours etc to create a really unique and personal gallery. It's always nice to see rooms that have been put together over time, and it's also perfect if you can't afford to splash out on large artworks - a collection can be added to when time and money allow.

So, back to painting. I'd no sooner put the finishing touches to this piece when I saw this pic over on Jessie Lauren's gorgeous blog:



...which reminded me of this....









.










 







...which led to this - a large diptych in moody blues. It's not quite finished yet, but here's a teaser:


'Glacial I & II'
mixed media on canvas
Diptych - each canvas 700mm x 700mm (28" x 28")


So, for those of you who've wondered about the process of creating art, I'm sure I'm not your usual case study! I'm terribly fickle at times, and probably a little scattered in my approach, but hey, that's just how it is. And it never gets boring, so that makes it fun too - there's always something new catching my eye. 

Hope you've all had a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow with the reveal of this latest piece.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top