Next time someone tells me to clam up, I'll take them literally. I've always loved the use of giant clam shells in decorating (as long as they're sustainably harvested, of course, or better still, fabulously faux), and I'm thinking I might need to incorporate a few into my design scheme.

Anna Spiro often uses shells in her lovely vignettes..

...and I love how Stuart Membery's used them for his gorgeous pooches...


..they look great as a centrepiece..


...in the bathroom...


...a summer fireplace...


...or glammed up with a little zebra print...

But I can't believe I've missed so many other fabulous uses! Of course, they're great for storing everything...

...from mermaids (note the ultra-comfortable, shag-pile interior)..


...to children...
...to champers.

But wait....how about making a grand entrance?


...for your next fancy dress party?




...or my all-time fave - the perfect place for a spot of planking?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top