We moved into this house with big plans. The 80's is an era not fondly remembered in terms of fashionable interiors - after all, Mission Brown was de rigeur, as was exposed brick and timber, timber and more timber. But the house was in a great location on two and a half acres, with a creek meandering through, set high on a ridge to capture views and cooling breezes. We jumped at the chance to buy, knowing it needed some renovation and much redecoration.

The kitchen was a bit of a conundrum for me. Although it was not to my taste, it was relatively new and completely functional. We had more urgent things to tackle, like the bathroom. The layout was fine, so it sat on the backburner, and its ugliness kept nagging at me until I couldn't stand it any more.

I wanted this...

source unknown, sorry

and of course this...


But I had this...








special, isn't it?

So I thought hey, hubby's away for three days, I'll surprise him by painting all the timber, covering that ugly brick, and I'll give it a spiffy little makeover. No biggie, right? WRONG!! 

Now, those who know me would say that I'm something of an optimist. Impulsive and completely delusional are probably more appropriate. Three days - no drama, it's just a little tart up, how long could it take? 

So...here I am, picking the paint off every exposed part of my body, but I have to tell you, I'm LOVING IT! The results are, I hope, going to be so worth it, I can't wait to put it all back together and gaze upon its beauty. But the voice of reason (hubs of course) advised that to rush things now would mean a less than perfect outcome, and believe me, there's no way I'm taking the chance after all my blood, sweat, tears and tantrums. So I know you'll understand when I tell you I promise to show you everything as soon as humanly possible.  Until then, it's back to work. See you soon with all the good stuff - can't wait to share it all with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top