I mentioned earlier this week that we are keeping things very, very simple in the Christmas decorating department this year.  Especially on our main level where the construction will be happening. 

I am honestly really excited to keep things on the simplistic side, and only plan to empty out half of the Christmas bins this year.  Back to the basics I say!

So this is not by any means an earth shattering holiday project, but it was one that caused my little ones to ooh and ahh so I thought I would still take a few minutes to share it.


Earlier this week, the boys and I turned on Elf, whipped up some hot cocoa, and got to work making snowflakes galore.  Now, we did cheat a little and use my Silhouette machine to cut most of the different options out of cardstock, but the kiddos took turns selecting their favorite shapes, scraping the scraps from the Silhouette mat and punching out the small pieces within each flake after they were cut.


After Elf, we were still going strong and put in Frozen.  Instead of singing, "Let it Go" we went with "Let it Snow"!  That evening we only took a break for a yummy omelet dinner, and cut almost fifty different snowflakes.


After the boys went to bed, I strung all of the flakes with thread and hung them all the way down the hallway with clear tape.


The following morning, the boys were welcomed with a hallway filled with snow!  It was just a magical way to start their day, that we were all a bit giddy about inside.  And since we really don't have much real snow on the ground (say what?!), this was a nice whimsical touch to celebrate.


The rest of the decorating is in progress downstairs, so hopefully I will have much more to share next week!  But for now, this was a sweet and subtle way to kick things off and create a little magic in the most traveled area of our home.


The pictures really don't portray the fun feeling this super quick and easy project has created, I think I may leave them up all winter long.

What is the easiest project you have done while decorating your home this holiday season?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top