Yesterday, I shared a snippet of the first painting in my new 'Interior Portraits' series. As promised, here's the full picture:


'Interior Portrait'
watercolour on paper
210mm x 297mm


You're probably thinking this is a bit of a departure from my recent paintings, and you'd be right. But that's what I love most about art; I can indulge in all my design loves, without hammering a nail or spending a fortune on new furniture. If I'm loving orange, it turns up in my art. In the mood for soft, dreamy blues? Paint it. Beach, boho, traditional, moroccan - straight onto canvas. Which suits my fickle nature down to the ground. This piece is also a case of art imitating art - the abstract canvas in this painting is actually a large piece I'm working on for a client, so it managed to make an appearance here as well. 

The original inspiration for this painting came from a room I've long admired, designed by none other than Brisbane's own Anna Spiro. It's been stashed away in my inspiration folder for ages, and I love the use of bright colour, stunning artwork, and of course, a crisp white background to showcase each unique piece in all its glory.

 what can I say - love it!

The best part of this style is that I can incorporate favourite pieces into the painting. Chairs, sofas, cushions, wallpaper - the sky's the limit. My inspiration folder is full of possibilities - here are just a few:











Maybe you have the perfect piece for my next painting? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top