As much as I am in full on kitchen mode around here, I am ready for some new inspiration.  And I am not talking kitchen inspiration (I have seen enough of that to make my head explode lately).  I am talking organizational, colorful, sweet, studio inspiration.


As a fellow small business owner, I can totally relate to the importance of working in a space that makes your heart happy.  A space that ignites creativity yet functions well for your daily routine.  When I first clicked over to Katelyn's studio, my eyes were as big as the moon.  Every last moment spoke to me.  It is fresh, filled with love, organized and is designed from a beautifully soothing color palette.   Smitten is only the tip of the iceberg.

The best part?  I know not everyone has a small business or studio, but many of us have bedrooms, closets, home offices and even living areas that must function as some sort of working space.  This room is inspirational and offers eye candy for any type of room.

Katelyn runs her blog, business and shop from this space, and I asked her to stop by and share more about how she made it special and functional for her.  Here she is now with more details.


What is the main function of the space?


"Having a happy work space has always been important to me. When I decided to expand my blog into a Stationery Line & full time business I knew I would need to upgrade my workspace. After a few months of organized chaos I was able to transform my spare room into a bright & cheerful area filled to the brim with bright colors, inspirational imagery & lots of creative supplies for all of my artistic hobbies."


Any superstar tips for keeping it organized?




"I am BIG on keeping things organized & intentionally chose items for the studio that would not only look great but would be able to store everything in a clean & colorful way. One of my favorite finds here is my Bisley Light Blue 5-Drawer Cabinet!"



What items did you find were essential when organizing this space and why?


"Clean & classic lines were really important to me in this space. I used White KASSETT Boxes & Magazine Files to organize a wide array of items in a uniform way."


What did you do to go the extra mile and "make it pretty"?


"Being a stationery designer, I wanted the space to reflect my love for HAPPY MAIL! I sought out fabulous vintage finds, colorful accents & decorated the space with products from my shop. Favorites here include my cheerful notepads, a vintage La Poste Sign & a fun Mint Green Tape Dispenser!"



What items did you DIY to stay on a budget?


"I really wanted to have a beautiful display case to feature my products. I turned to the versatile IKEA Billy Bookcase & enlisted the handy skills of my husband to create the perfect custom bookcase for my studio. (Get the full DIY tutorial on my blog here!)"


How has it impacted your life for the better?



"I have always believed that you should surround yourself with beautiful things, wonderful people & celebrate the simple delights in everyday living. Having the perfect place for everything & being able showcase my work in such a happy space brings me so much joy! I truly love having this bright space to come to & be creative."


Seriously stunning right?  Everything from the wall color to the storage furniture to the sweet memo board paired with vintage touches... sigh.  I am in love!  Even regular ol' filing cabinets look chic and special in her gorgeous studio.

I really do heart the heart you all put into your makeovers big and small.  You can see this space was well thought out, there is an attention to detail and so much joy radiates from the screen (and I am sure even more in person).  Many of the items are very basic pieces (file cabinets, craft table, globes, bookcases, boxes....), yet they were given little updates with paint, moulding and color to take them to the next level.  A job very well done Katelyn!  I will be moving in next week, wink wink!

You can find even more details and a list of sources over on Katelyn's blog here.



*  All images courtesy of Love. Luck. Kisses & Cake.
 
ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life, big or small.  They can be anything from an organized drawer or cabinet to an entire room.  Please submit your story and photos to iheartreaderspace@gmail.com, and I would heart to feature them right here on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and unedited.  Please include a description of the project and how it has changed your life or routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top