I feel like I host these challenges fairly frequently, yet my jaw fell to the floor when I realized that it was December when I last challenged you to do a little organizing and projecting and then share it here.  Oh my!  January was the month of organization, so I am betting that a few of you are ready for today!  And if not?  No worries, you have another month before the party ends.  But it can't end if it hasn't even begun yet, so.....


So what have you all been up to?  Closet takeovers?  Drawer cleanings?  Cabinet organizing?  Furniture building?  I can't wait to see!

I just shared a tiny bit of all of the awesomeness from the last link party here, and I know I have said it before, but I will say it again.  I really love these parties and having a moment to read about YOU!  I know link parties have been a bit over done throughout the years, but I truly enjoy checking in on projects being created by others.  Reading stories of trials and triumphs.  Celebrating with you.  Crying with you... Tears of joy of course! 

So what have we been up to since the previous link party?

We typically flutter around the house and do projects based on a need change or a frustration or just out of preference, but there is generally a lot of variety in what we tackle.  However, this year we kicked off a kitchen renovation that has been taking up all of our time, budget and energy.  So I made a goal of staying truly focused on a single space (the kitchen), while also allowing myself to stray and implement quick little organizing hits around the house each week.  Those smaller organizing projects are not typically DIY's or costly, but still needed to make a small difference in how our home functions.  So far, it has been a pretty nice balance.  Let's take a moment to quickly recap our projects big and small over the past two months.

Just before we gutted our kitchen to blank floors and studs, I took time to update our home tour with details from our previous kitchen space.  It was nice to have a memory just before we made it a giant mess.


Isn't that refreshing?  It lasted a whole minute and then it was time to demo that wall!  The entire kitchen demolition was a bit slow going.  I was waiting for Jonathan and Drew to come in and rescue us and make things happen with the snap of their fingers.  No such luck. 


A week after the last floor staple was pulled, I put in the last nail of our new ceiling planks.  Although not at all pretty yet, they really started unifying our two spaces.


Then came the glorious faux beams!  We heart those beams to the moon and back!


And then hearted those same beams to the end of the universe and back once they were painted!  Having the walls patched and painted was also a giant leap in the project!  Although the verdict is still out on the wall color, it is growing on us more and more each day.  We will wait until everything is in place before doing something drastic and painting again.


The following week we started installing our IKEA cabinets, and although it was a pretty straight-forward process, we shared a few things we learned along the way.


And as we wait for our center island, we shared a few smaller updates we made with moulding, lighting, our dishwasher and more lovely cabinets.  Yummy.


I keep stepping in my own drool puddles as I gaze at our new open space.  And to keep a nice balance of giant projects and itty bitty organizing updates, here are a few quick tips we shared as well:


Now, it is your turn to link up and share your favorite projects with me and the rest of this fab community (the last organizing challenge had 58,000 views!).


As always, an over-sized thank you to all who participate in these challenges.  Checking out your posts is my guilty pleasure every month, so bring it on!  This month I will also be sharing some of your projects via social media and as always, will be doing a recap at the end of the party.


IHeart Organizing is not responsible for the content uploaded and shared within the Monthly Link Parties on within the #wiorn hashtag feed.  However, it is a great way to join together in making organizing fun, so let's use our best internet etiquette and have a great time with this social party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top